You do not always need a BE driving license to drive a trailer or caravan. If
- the trailer total (mass empty vehicle + load capacity) is not heavier than 750 kg, or
- the trailer may weigh more than 750 kg. The condition is that the maximum permitted mass of the total combination (towing vehicle pus trailer) is not more than 3500 kg.
sufficient driving license B.
For combinations of vehicles consisting of a tractor vehicle of category B (maximum 3500 kg) and a trailer or semi-trailer, where:
- the maximum authorized mass of the trailer or semi-trailer may not exceed 3500 kg or
- the maximum authorized mass of the semi-trailer may exceed 3500 kg provided that:
- the maximum permitted load under the coupling of the semi-trailer or center-axle trailer does not exceed the difference between the maximum authorized mass of the towing vehicle and the mass in running order of the towing vehicle and
- the permitted maximum axle load or the sum of the permitted maximum axle loads of the semi-trailer or center-axle trailer does not exceed 3500 kg.
do you need driver's license BE.
Obviously, you always take into account maximum towing weight on the registration number of the towing vehicle. (maximum mass inhibited)